Saturday, October 15, 2011

40 Days of Gratitude....


So.... Tomorrow will be Day 1 of 40 Days...where I, along with 2 fellow pilgrims, are going to be intentional about living with gratitude....

All I know is that I’m stuck in a rut... where I could choose to keep wallowing in self pity and frustration...but, I know that the Father is beckoning me to come out of the rut of self absorption, and to commune with He and the Son...with the Spirit enabling me to lift my heart and my eyes upward.  I think that the key is thankfulness in praise.

 
~Psalm 50:14~ 
Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God...

These next 40 days, I’m going to stir the wells of gratitude in my heart. I am blessed. The veil was torn so that I could forever be in communion with my Savior.  I don’t FEEL like I can do it...I don’t FEEL like doing it...but....
Here’s to coming out of the stinky ditch of self pity! May the roots of my devotion and worship grow deeper!

~Colossians 2:7~
Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.


3 comments:

  1. Micah...I love this commitment to practicing gratitude & your desire to stir up the well of thanksgiving. I'll be walking with you (and the fellow pilgrims) as my desire is to dig deeper into the reality of how much I have each day to offer thanks. I appreciate your honest heart's cry & proclamation. Loving you from Fairhope...Susan (grace) Fontaine (fountain of living waters) Godwin (God wins!) I'm grateful for my name too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what timing you have, God has been pulling me into a journey this weekend while watching the "Prayer and Prophecy conference" going on at IHOP. not quite sure yet what it is going to entail but man i can see what is coming out of it and i'm so excited! now just to figure out the steps to get there. that's always the battle for me, the little things, i can see the big picture no problem but the little things stump me. i'll be praying for your journey and looking forward to reading the many blogs i'm sure will come from it =D

    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micah,

    You might be blessed by reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp (aholyexperience.com). It would be a great companion to your journey of gratitude.

    In His Love,
    Gail Hargis-Brubaker

    ReplyDelete