Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bedtime Pondering...



As I waited tonight for sleep to take over...I was asking God if prayer is like the game at the carnival where if you hit the target hard enough with the mallet, you win the prize...

But I think I'm finding right now that personal prayer might be more about changing me than even changing the circumstances that I'm praying for. Since God is sovereign and has seen the end from beginning and does as He pleases as His ways are higher than ours.... Maybe prayer is preparing me for what is in His heart to do?

They work together. He says to ask, and He will answer. My daughter's name, Eliana, means "My God has answered." So I can have faith that my prayers do affect things....but importantly, as I'm asking, I'm being put in that vulnerable place, the place where I'm moldable. 

Prayer, my communion of conversation with God, is like yeast working through the dough that is my heart, changing its consistency, and preparing it for its purpose in the Kingdom....

No comments:

Post a Comment